Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Awake... i guess its real

It is morning, my eyes are bleary and I really have no clue as to why i am up so early. These days, I seem to be getting lesser and lesser amount of sleep. Well, I guess out of 24 hours, I choose voluntarily to remain awake for 19 to 20 hours daily. Not knowing what to do with this extra time in my hands, I've once again decided (fortunately or unfortunately) to blog.

Lots of things have changed over the past few days. For one, I've been called [FINALLY...] to join up with the Company on Sept. 2nd. This is a major turning point in my life. A mechanical engineering under-graduate headed for a job entirely out of his field. This is going to be interesting. I definitely hope this is not going to turn out as one of those fish-out-of-water-experiences. I mean, coding at school level was fun because I never had to be really good at it- it was okay as long as the logic was correct. [Besides, it was BASIC and C... anyone can learn that!!!!]

When it ceases to be an interest and becomes your source of income- your reason to live, things change. Work sometimes takes away the pleasure/fun in doing things. Though I think, it is all in the mind. Supposing I decided to think that instead of turning up for a job, I was going, instead, for some special class which had practical projects along with it and if my project turned out great, i would get some prize... Would that change my attitude? Would that motivate me? I am not sure. The atmosphere of a special summer class and one of a boss ripping your head off because you cannot meet deadlines, are two entirely different scenes. Given a choice, i would rather go for the first scenario.

Maybe it is not really that bad. Maybe I am just being apprehensive... or maybe what I am getting are really weird premonitions that should be taken seriously. Hmmm.. everything has a reason and a purpose. My being in the company has a purpose. I am glad I am finally going to be a part of this really wild roller coaster ride. As long as I do things correctly and on time, what could go wrong? Well, take lessons from the ant, you sluggard. Dont work because you are told to do so...just do it because it is the right thing to do. Well, the time is coming (or has it finally come) when I'll have to walk around with this plastered smile at everyone else saying "COME AND CELEBRATE WORK!!!!"
That's all for now folks....Now where did I keep my coffee mug?....*runs off for coffee...

1 Comments:

Blogger kickassso said...

when you have nightbird...keeping awake becomes sort of a habit...for most:D.you aint theonly mech guy goin for software... surfeit of s/w jobs mean a lot of people end up wit a job in s/w and not their field. I have friends of mine who DID NOT WANT jobs in their own fields. Personally i would love to have a job in the field, but s/w is there in my field to a certain extent
Even if you arent paid.. when you have deadlines and stuff to make you do things you tend to get the idea. dont think work is going to be entirely different.
and before I go....try staying up without the coffee:P

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home